After a motorcycle accident, you may be wondering if you need to hire a lawyer. The answer depends on many factors, including the severity of your injuries, the other driver’s insurance coverage, and whether you plan to file a personal injury lawsuit.
If you’ve been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney. A lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options, and can ensure that you receive the full compensation you’re entitled to.
If the other driver was at fault for the accident, their insurance company should pay for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. However, insurance companies are often reluctant to pay out on claims, and may try to lowball you on your settlement. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve.
In some cases, it may be necessary to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover damages. If the other driver was grossly negligent or intentionally harmed you, you may be entitled to punitive damages in addition to compensation for your injuries. A motorcycle accident lawyer can help you determine whether filing a lawsuit is right for you.
Denver Motorcycle Accident Laws
Laws vary from state to state. In general, if you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s a good idea to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer to learn about your legal rights and options.
In Colorado, motorcycle riders are not required to wear a helmet while riding. If you were not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, you may still be able to recover damages.
Colorado is a comparative negligence state, which means that fault for an accident can be shared by more than one party. If you were partially at fault for the accident, you may still be able to recover damages, but your compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault. For example, if you were 20% at fault for the accident and the other driver was 80% at fault, you would only be able to recover 80% of your damages.
In Denver (and all of Colorado) lane splitting is illegal. That means that if you’re involved in an accident, you may end up sharing some of the responsibility if you’re lane splitting. However, if the other driver was completely at fault for the accident, you should still be able to recover damages.
Having a good Denver motorcycle accident lawyer on your side should help a lot in making the best decisions regarding your claim.
While some people feel like it’s a better idea to tackle a lawsuit on their own, there are several things you should keep in mind. For one thing, insurance companies tend to give small settlement offers to people who don’t have a lawyer to represent them. Timing is another important factor. Getting together all the necessary documents is yet another point.
Look online for the best motorcycle accident lawyer in your area if you’ve been injured in an accident. Personal injury is no light matter. Get the representation you deserve!…Read More